script>

Monday 5 August 2013

Give Respect To Earn Some....!

This is one famous phrase I heard when I was in school... As in if you want small kids to respect you look at with eyes of love and if you want to see happiness in their eyes by your presence or if you want them to be fond of you talk good about you,You really need to work on your building relationships part. Talking to them in such a way that they feel loved,your behaviour with them,the way you react to something they ask or they say,even if it is some big blunder , the smooth way you handle it and tell them "hey its okey... just see to it it doesn't happen again you might get hurt! and every time I ll not be around to protect you.." and then look at the way they behave with you! rather than holding them hard and shouting on them  "Are you nuts you wanna die or something!"


Your words,your touch,your behaviour ,your look everything matters to every individual you are a part of their lives and even if you are not a part of their lives these factors still play a very vital role!

A simple experience I had in my college when I actually understood what respect meant.We had a lecturer,a lady lecturer basically and she taught us for 3 semesters..She used to be friendly enough with few of us in the class.I really used to admire her as a lecturer,as in a lady who knows so well how to mingle up with youth and also knows how to keep up the relationship of a student and a teacher without making any student feel weird! I had although heard from many students of different sections that they saw her at a mall or some place but she pretended like she did not know them! I thought okey may be she doesn't feels comfortable taking this student teacher things in the public ,may be she has her own principles.!
But things started to change on that day when we moved on to next semester and I was rushing up the stairs to get into the class,We crossed each other I looked at her and with a smile "gud morning ma'am!" ....
Wait I did not hear anything back!  For that moment i rushed into the class and then thought may be even she was in a hurry so she could not hear me or something! and the same day when the college got over ... We were all getting down the stairs and she was right next to me but on my wish she did not reply again! Did she avoid it, or she doesn't bother about how a student would feel on this kind of behaviour of hers!

This got worse, I finally started not to bother even if she stood right next to me!After about few more semesters we again had to come in contact with each other because she had to manage all the placements of the students ,I still kept myself the same! I would just listen to her if she had to say something to me do what she wanted me to do and nothing more than that!

She was my lecturer,a lady I had admired a lot but she herself as responsible for spoiling her image in my eyes! I wish I could have asked her why did she behave like this,but may be she behaved with every student like this! Her life Her choice.But all this made me loose all the respect for her I had but on my weird behaviour she would shout on me saying I do not know how to respect elders,these words hurt me a lot and I finally spoke out what I had been feeling when she did the same.... I told her "Ma'am you had taught us this lesson in value education! Give Respect to Earn Respect but you failed to give some"! And after that we never came across each other,college life has ended!

I still have my school sports teacher who taught me how to play Tennis .We still in contact through phone!He is almost like my guardian and I am lie his daughter! We value our relation and I have some core respect for him ,for his being and for all his words which have always motivated me!

Its not just about me! Even if its a small kid! try talking to him or making him understand in a sweet way he would do it again may be but would love you and always have respect for you! Try scolding him or disrespecting him in public or even when aloof ... When he grows up or even when he is a kid he would never love you back the same way he had ever loved you!

SO friends.... uncles and aunties.... grandfathers and grandmothers.... words ,behaviours,touch and your look everything counts when it comes to respect!

Respect others to gain the same.... :) Always remember!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. wow very motivating
    http://hindustanisakhisaheli.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes shivany.....it can hurt if teachers whom u look up as parental figures treat u indiffenetly....life is like that only

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thakyou for your view Ritesh.... but that is where you loose respect for those you love... :/

      Delete